Holbeck Cemetery opened in 1857, and was the third municipal cemetery to open in Leeds after the 1853 Burial Act. The Act allowed the establishment of publicly funded cemeteries throughout England to ease the pressure on parish churchyards. The cemetery covers 10 acres overlookingLeeds. It cost £7,000 to build and is a typical Victorian cemetery. It was closed to general burials in the 1940s.
Holbeck is a suburb of Leeds in the West Riding of Yorkshire in the north of England. These records list the details of 10,269 men and women buried there between 1895 and 1921, and contain information such as their name, year of birth, year of death, date of burial, age at death, their parish, residence and grave plot number.