Bromsgrove School was established in 1553 in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, England. It was originally recorded in 1476 as a chantry school, and became a Tudor grammar school between 1548 and 1553. Sir Thomas Cookes’ financial endowment funded the first buildings on the present site in 1693. During the Second World War, the school was temporarily relocated to Llanwrtyd Wells in Wales, and its buildings were used by British government departments.
The 195 records in our collection contain the details of former pupils who were killed during military service between 1899 and 1945. Each record is an original transcript. The records can contain information such as first and last name, birth year, place of service, residence, next of kin, date and place of death, service number, rank, regiment, and battalion and burial details.